It’s been a while. Due to a variety of things including airplanes, hospitals and family, History Tech has taken more of break than I planned. The shocker is that I’m still getting hits even with no new posts since December 20.
I finally got back on the computer yesterday and discovered that Paul Bogush had tagged me for the “7 things you don’t know about me” meme. He had been feeling left out of the cool kids party until being tagged by Bill. I guess now I can hang on Paul’s coattails just a bit!
So . . . hmmm . . .
1. I payed most of my way through college by working as a custom wheat harvester. Basically, me and five others started in northern Texas and worked our way through Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and Wyoming with combines (machine used to harvest the wheat) and large trucks. We would start in late May and finish up by the start of school. Great way to make money and not spend any since we were busy 24/7.
2. I enjoy golf. At one time, had a 12 handicap . . . which isn’t good but considering how much I get to play, isn’t that bad. Though I haven’t had a chance to play since sometime in October.
3. I have a tendency to break things on my left side. Beginning in 6th grade, have broken: left thumb, left wrist, left elbow, left shoulder, left ankle and both left shin bones. The worst was the compound fracture of the left shin which refused to heal resulting in casts and crutches for 11 months.
5. I play video games and am convinced that they will become a major part in education and learning. My favorite? Have been playing a lot of Madden 09 on the Wii and also enjoy watching my son play Guitar Hero.
6. I celebrated 20 years of being married to Maura this year and got the chance to spend Christmas with her in Hawaii.
7. I love a good bowl of soup and have ended up learning how to make my favorites: corn chowder, chili, black bean.
Not sure if you’ve been tagged but: