Update – November 14, 2012
I’ve got tons of other iPod posts. Be sure to check ’em all out!
A quick post today that I hope to expand more in a few weeks.
If you’ve been coming to History Tech for a while, you already know that I’m a big believer in the power of games and simulations to increase learning.
And now, I’m becoming a huge fan of the iPod Touch as a gaming platform.
There are over 26,000 iPhone / iPod Touch applications designed for the Touch with more being added daily. Not only are there great new games and sims but there are some great mobile versions of older games. There are also some really useful Social Studies apps. Find a very short list below:
- US Historical Documents has over 200 American history documents that can be browsed, searched, highlighted and saved.
- The great SimCity game has been adapted for mobile devices.
- Lemonade Tycoon is a nice tool for teaching economics.
- Google Earth is one of the best Web 2.0 tools around and it now fits on your iPod Touch.
- The World Factbook resembles the CIA Factbook and provides tons of updated info.