Okay . . . maybe not the coolest but still . . . oh so awesome.
If you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod, you need to try the free app Dermander. Dermander is an app that quickly and easily takes a 360 degree photograph.
You can then share out the image in a variety of ways – Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. You can also create a free account that allows you to link to a site that provides a full 360 degree video of your image.
I used the app to take a Dermanter pic outside of the Podstock 2011 conference center.
You can also view the 360 degree version online.
- Fully automated capture system
- Blazing fast stitching, see the results in no time
- Immersive 3D viewer, pinch or double tap to zoom, autoplay…
- Full 360 panoramas
- On- device local gallery
- Web gallery to enjoy thousands of public panoramas
- “Near me” gallery, see panoramas near your location
- No need to register anywhere to save your panoramas on your device
- Sign up/sign in and upload for free to DerManDar.com
Without an account:
- Facebook – share an image
- Twitter – tweet a link to an image
- Email the panorama as an image
- Save to your Photo Album
With a free account:
- Facebook, share a link to an immersive 3D viewer page (HTML5 and Flash)
- Twitter, tweet a link to an immersive 3D viewer page (HTML5 and Flash)
- Copy the link (to paste it somewhere else, like in an SMS)
I’m thinking field trips, classroom photos, student presentations and hook activities. How would you use it?