Social Studies Central is designed to provide you with tools, strategies, and ideas to improve instruction and engage kids in high level learning. You’ll find historical thinking lesson plans, helpful sites, technology integration tools, and links to my presentations. Be sure to check out History Tech, the latest in social studies technology integration, and the SSC Tip of the Week.
I enjoy working with teachers and look forward to spending time in your district or at your conference! Find out more about how to make that happen.
Every Friday I post a new Social Studies tip, teaching strategy, or handy web site for you to try out with your kids. You can also receive the Tip of the Week via email by signing up here. We’ll add you to our Tip of the Week mailing list and presto! Once a week in your inbox. If you missed a few Tips or want to go back and review previous Tips, hand on over to the handy, dandy Tip Archive.
RECENT AND UPCOMING PRESENTATIONS
- October 26 – 27 KSDE conference Wichita KS
- November 11-14 NSSSA / NCSS conference New Orleans LA
- January 4 Discovery Magnet Conference Wichita KS
- January 5 Google Earth Olathe KS
- February METC conference St Charles MO
- February MCSS conference Columbia MO
- March MACE conference Manhattan KS
- April National Council for History Education conference Niagara Falls NY
- June ISTE conference Denver CO
- June Keynote St Vrain tech conference Fort Collins CO
- June Keynote Educational Leadership Conference Clarion PA