Social Studies Central is designed to help you improve your instruction and engage kids in learning. You’ll find links to my presentations, lesson plans, web sites, assessment advice, technology integration tools, and information about my presentations.
I’m glad you’re here!
(We had planned to roll out this new version of Social Studies Central later this fall but our old site experienced a hostile takeover of some kind and so . . . since we had new this new partially created site in our back pocket, it’s all we have at the moment. It’s not yet fully fleshed out but we’ll be filling in the blanks as quickly as possible.
I’m sure some of your old links aren’t working at the moment so don’t be afraid to use the search function in the top right corner. If you get stuck for something and still can’t find it, let me know and we’ll track it down together. Thanks for your patience!)
Every Friday I post a new Social Studies tip, teaching strategy, or handy web site for you to try out with your kids. You can also receive the Tip of the Week via email by signing up here. We’ll add you to our Tip of the Week mailing list and presto! Once a week in your inbox.
If you missed a few Tips or want to go back and review previous Tips, hand on over to the handy, dandy Tip Archive.
Wow! You got them engaged right from the start and they gobbled up your information like hungry children!
RECENT AND UPCOMING PRESENTATIONS
- July 15-17 Podstock closing keynote
- July 31 MNU Games and Learning opening keynote
- August 6 Google U Augusta KS
- August 11 Vermillion Public Schools
- September 21 Liberal Public Schools
- September 26 EdCampCTE Oklahoma City
- October 14 Using the C4 Framework in the SS Classroom
- October 26 – 27 KSDE conference
- November 11-14 NSSSA / NCSS conference
- December 15 Preparing for the State Assessment