Social Studies Central is designed to help you improve your instruction and engage kids in learning. You’ll find links to my presentations, lesson plans, web sites, assessment advice, technology integration tools, and information about my presentations.
I’m glad you’re here!
Every Friday I post a new Social Studies tip, teaching strategy, or handy web site for you to try out with your kids. You can also receive the Tip of the Week via email by signing up here. We’ll add you to our Tip of the Week mailing list and presto! Once a week in your inbox. If you missed a few Tips or want to go back and review previous Tips, hand on over to the handy, dandy Tip Archive.
RECENT AND UPCOMING PRESENTATIONS
- October 14 Using the C4 Framework in the SS Classroom
- October 26 – 27 KSDE conference
- November 11-14 NSSSA / NCSS conference
- December 15 Preparing for the State Assessment
- January 4 Discovery Magnet Conference Wichita
- January 5 Google Earth and Social Studies Olathe
- February METC conference St Charles
- February MCSS conference Columbia
- March MACE conference Manhattan
- April National Council for History Education conference Niagara Falls
- June ISTE conference Denver
- June Keynote St Vrain tech conference Fort Collins
- June Keynote Educational Leadership Conference Clarion PA